12 Questions To Ask At Thanksgiving
September 26, 2019
Every family has a colorful history, lessons learned, wisdom waiting to be shared- the things that make your family uniquely yours. Your stories, traditions, beliefs and values need not be taken to the grave.
These are things that make you who you are and should be shared with your children and grandchildren while you’re living. As you spend time with those you love, be sure to share stories of moments, people who mattered to you and causes you championed. Some ideas:
- Who has been the most important person in your life?
- What are the most meaningful life lessons you’ve learned?
- What are your favorite memories?
- What words of wisdom would you want to pass on?
- What are you proudest of?
- How would you like to be remembered? (You can use this to spark discussion about end-of-life wishes.)
- What are your hopes and dreams for the future?
- How has your life been different than what you’d imagined? Do you have any regrets?
- Where is your mom’s family from? Your dad’s?
- What do I need to know about our family’s medical history?
- Tell me about some traditions that have been passed down through our family. When and how did they get started?
- Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have? (You can use this as a jumping off point for practical considerations, such as where important estate planning documents are kept, or long-term care arrangements.)
*As featured in WORTHWHILE, a quarterly periodical dedicated to serving the clients of Raymond James advisors and affiliated advisory firms and is the sole and exclusive property of Raymond James & Associates, Inc. Copyright 2019 Raymond James & Associates, Inc. Reprinted with permission.
Capital Investment Services, LLC., and Hutchinson Traylor are not registered broker/dealers, and are independent of Raymond James Financial Services. Investment Advisory Services are offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc.
Check the background of this firm on
Monday – Friday
8:30am-12pm / 1pm-5pm
301 W Haralson St.
Lagrange, GA 30240
Raymond James financial advisors may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions for which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Investors outside of the United States are subject to securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on this site. Contact your local Raymond James office for information and availability. Links are being provided for information purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize or sponsor any of the listed web sites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any web site or the collection or use of information regarding any web site’s users and/or members.
© 2010-2019 Capital Investment Services, LLC.